A Socially Distanced Celebration of the Season
Posted by: Claire M | 12/08/2020 at 02:01 PM
Coming home for winter holidays may be a tradition, but is it a good idea with COVID-19 continuing to be a major concern in many communities?
Here are some guidelines to help you have a safe, happy celebration. Please note that you should always observe all state, provincial, local, territorial or tribal health and safety laws and regulations that may be in effect in your area.
- Family Affairs. According to the CDC, celebrating with immediate family members poses little risk.
- Location, location, location. If you’re community is experiencing an outbreak, or if family members are traveling from an area with a higher number of cases, it’s probably best to reconsider your plans. You can track numbers in your area using this directory.
- Go Out – Outdoors, that is. If possible, hold events outdoors. This greatly reduces the risk of spreading infections.
- Stay Away. Practice social distancing and wear a mask. Insist that any guests do so as well. Keep hand sanitizer available and wipe surfaces down often.
- Go Virtual. Bring larger groups together virtually to limit possible exposure. You can add fun to an online call by playing games, sharing stories or planning other activities in advance.
For a more complete list of suggestions and guidelines, visit the CDC’s website. And we hope you enjoy a safe, happy time with your loved ones.
Back to the Spark →