Business Guide to Winter Energy Savings
Posted by: Claire M | 10/26/2020 at 10:48 AM
Businesses are likely looking for additional ways to save this year and reducing energy use is a great place to start. Ambit is here to help with some suggestions that can help insulate your business during the cold winter months.
- Set a Schedule. Run the heat while your business is open, then lower your thermostat by 7-10 degrees after working hours. When you apply this tactic seasonally, you could save around 10% a year on heating and cooling costs.
- Get Smart. Install timers and photocells on lights and occupant sensors that automatically turn lights on and off in warehouses, freezers and other areas that are not always in use.
- Light It Up. Update lighting to use LED lights whenever possible. They may cost more up front, but they last up to 25 times longer and use up to 80% less energy.
- Peak Performers. Check all your equipment, including HVAC, stoves, computers, machinery, refrigerators, etc. and make sure they’re operating at maximum efficiency. Replace filters and worn parts.
- Plan Ahead. Review your operating systems and see where you can improve efficiency by reducing startup and shutdown times for equipment, eliminating idling time and other steps.
- Involve Everyone. Get your business partners, employees and suppliers involved. You never know where the next great energy-saving idea, product or service may come from.
At Ambit, we know your business’s success is essential and we’re here to help. For more resources, visit our seasonal savings page on The Spark.
Back to the Spark →